On behalf of the International Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology (IJCAHPO), the Association of Technical Personnel in Ophthalmology (ATPO) and the Contact Lens Society of America (CLSA), we invite and welcome you to join us at the 47th Annual Continuing Education (ACE) Program for Allied Ophthalmic Personnel (AOP). We are excited to return to beautiful San Francisco in October for what promises to be our best and most memorable event yet!
1969-2019 spans 50 years marking IJCAHPO’s Anniversary since our founding. Currently, over 27,000 AOP are IJCAHPO certified and over these past 50 years, many more have proudly earned this important credential. Please join us in celebrating this milestone year.
This year’s 3-in-1 CE program is designed for all AOP—from those who are beginning to explore their career, to those who are seasoned professionals. The 3-day program by leading experts includes: didactic sessions, thought-provoking panels, Learning Labs, round tables, free educational resources, receptions and fun networking events. Get ready to inspire and be inspired!
NEW–IJCAHPO Capstone and Live Stream
This series is on Friday, October 11, presented by leading-edge faculty on ophthalmology’s outlook. A variety of topics include: Lean Techniques, tele-ophthalmology, Artificial Intelligence (AI), and state-of-the-art ophthalmology treatments and technologies in retina, glaucoma, pediatrics and more!
Harold A. Stein, MD Lecture, "Seeing the Light with Retinal Gene Therapy: From Fantasy to Reality,"
will feature Smithsonian Ingenuity Award Winners, Jean Bennett, MD, PhD and Albert Maguire, MD. The award honors these scientists who used gene therapy to cure a form of heritable blindness. All conference attendees are invited to attend.
ATPO’s Keynote Address, "Achieving Goals at Home and Work: A Metaphorical Analysis for AOP,"
presented by ATPO and IJCAHPO Past President, Kenneth E. Woodworth, Jr., COMT, COE, (F)ATPO, FASOA.
Presents advancements in contact lenses at its day-long 3rd Annual Contact Lens Symposium.
Innovative and Value-Added Programs
- 54 NEW LECTURES
- 14 MASTER LEVEL courses for the more experienced eye care team members.
- 27 ADVANCED level courses.
- 75 INTERMEDIATE level courses.
- 25 BASIC level courses.
- 6 SUB-SPECIALTY SESSIONS featuring in-depth learning with a panel of experts in a variety of specialties each day.
- 74 LEARNING LABS or skill-based, hands-on training.
- 12 NEW HIRE COURSES in one convenient track.
- IJCAHPO Resource Center (Bookstore) sells the most popular products and books on-site in the Imperial Ballroom.
- Visit with Our Exhibitors showcasing their latest products and services in the Continental Ballroom Foyer (East Lounge).